New research students
If you're starting a Master of Science (by thesis) or a PhD, information in this section is structured to help you get started in your research degree, locate your workspace, find help and study support.
- Enrolment and Induction
- It is important that you attend the Faculty's induction to find out where things are and get to know other research students and staff.
- Official communications
- UTS email, research student specific mailing list, key dates, rules and procedures, etc.
- Getting started on your candidature
- Use this section to get to know your way around, locate your workspace, discover how to gain access to labs, and learn what to do if there are changes to your candidature.
Funding and scholarship support
Scholarships offered to local and international students at UTS: Science.
- Faculty Funding Schemes
- Generous funding schemes are available to UTS: Science's research students.
- UTS Scholarships and other UTS Funding Schemes
- Find out more about the research scholarships and funding schemes available for application each year.
- Research Learning Resources
- Students are supported by a number of resources within the Faculty and throughout UTS.
- Student Services Support at UTS
- Advice on careers, counselling, financial assistance, health, housing, special needs.
- Graduate Research School
- This is an administrative unit which manages research student education at UTS. Here, you can obtain administrative forms related to your research degree candidature, find information on university rules, research support and etc.
- UTS Shopfront
- Shopfront is a gateway for the community to access UTS's knowledge, skills, resources and professional expertise in order to conduct community-initiated and engaged projects which provide real social benefit.
- Social Life at UTS
- Network Cafe, U:PASS, Peer Network, In-fusion festival and much more.
Who can help?
The Faculty's Research and Development Office is your first point of contact.
If you need to talk to someone on issues related to the administration of your research degree, the Faculty's Research Office is here to help.
This Office is managed by the Associate Dean for Research and Development.
Research & Development Officer
Phone: +61 2 9514 2490
Room 4.48, level 4, Building 4, UTS City Campus